What does Ghosting mean?A slang term for the act of cutting off all communication with someone without any warning beforehand. This can be for simple plans, or to end a relationship.
Other definitions of Ghosting:
- Slang for the act of watching an online streamer who you are currently playing against in a video game. Most often in strategy games, this allows asymmetrical knowledge which can lead to an advantage. This is bad sportsmanship.
- Cutting off all communication with someone via online platforms or texts. The name comes from how the person appears to have died to the other person.
- Disappearing or cancelling plans so suddenly, that it would make sense that somebody has died.
- Rarely, this can refer to the act of pooping so quickly and with such force, that the fecal matter disappears down the toilet before flushing occurs.
All of our slang term and phrase definitions are made possible by our wonderful visitors. If you know of another definition of Ghosting that should be included here, please let us know.
How to use the term
Are you ghosting me? I see that you're active online; you must be ignoring me.
There's no way this player should have anticipated my move. They're ghosting my stream.
I've been ghosted by so many people from this app. I think they're ghosting me after I tell them about my love of uncooked hotdogs.
I'm telling you I didn't flushing. It must have been ghosting.
Video related to Ghosting
What Psychologists Can Tell You About Ghosting | YouTube
- A Miscellaneous that mentions "Ghosting."
A SciShow Psych episode about the deeper meanings behind ghosting and the types of people who might ghost someone.
Hosted by Brit Garner.
- Check it Out
More slang terms:
don't get your panties in a bunch
snickering quietly to myself