What does Corky mean?A portmanteau slang that combines "cute" and "dorky". A little bit awkward, a little precious.
Other definitions of Corky:
- When speaking on wine, a musty attribute that reminds one of cork.
- A rib and BBQ joint with several locations throughout the Southeastern United States.
- A nickname for the character Charles Thatcher, played by Chris Burke, on the late 1980s television series Life Goes On. The show is the first series to have a major character with Down syndrome.
- A reference to the late 1980s show Life Goes On, which starred a character with Down syndrome, named Corky.
All of our slang term and phrase definitions are made possible by our wonderful visitors. If you know of another definition of Corky that should be included here, please let us know.
How to use the term
They're corky though. Always have their nose in a book.
Mmm. It has a full body and a corky aftertaste. Let's spit it out now.
Head over to Corky's and grab us a Memphis Duo.
Remember the episode where Corky does the lip sync at his church's talent show?
He used to call me corky and thought it was so funny. Pretty lame.
Video related to Corky
Corky : Life Goes On Opening Theme Intro | My80Show, YouTube
- A TV Show that mentions "Corky."
The opening credits and theme for the show Life Goes On. The show stars Chris Burke, an actor with Down syndrome, as the character Charles "Corky" Thatcher.
The show is the first to star an actor with Down syndrome, and highlights the importance of family support.
- Check it Out
More slang terms:
By Any Chance
agreement in principle