What does Cancel mean?A slang term for the act of any collective deciding that a person or brand goes against their own ideologies, and therefore decide to no longer endorse or consume their output or ideas.
Other definitions of Cancel:
- To abandon a content creator because the have or are committing an act that goes against your own values.
- Refers to the act of canceling subscriptions or attention giving to any person or company that has been exposed on social media as endorsing or support something against your values.
- To reject or get rid of something, due to past misconducts or current misgivings.
- Essentially, culturally boycotting something that you do not agree with.
All of our slang term and phrase definitions are made possible by our wonderful visitors. If you know of another definition of Cancel that should be included here, please let us know.
How to use the term
Some people seem to be begging to get cancelled.
Cancel culture is the byproduct of giving individuals a platform to express strong opinions and expose past actions of terrible people.
Both sides are guilty of finding things to be cancelled.
I wonder if any companies are trying to get other companies cancelled to boost their own earnings.
Oh, hey. We probably shouldn't watch this. That actor was cancelled for all that terrible stuff he said.
Video related to Cancel
Is "Cancel Culture" Real? | What Does It Meme | The Take, YouTube
- A Miscellaneous that mentions "Cancel."
A video essay from The Take that explains the concept of cancel culture and its history.
- Check it Out
More slang terms:
Talk to you Ingame
Many hands make light work