What does Tramp Stamp mean?A derogatory slang term for a tattoo placed on the lower back, just above the butt.
Other definitions of Tramp Stamp:
- A tattoo just above one's ass. The placement is rumored to be indicative of promiscuous behavior, and therefore suggests trampiness.
- A lower-back tattoo, which gained popularity in the late 1990s alongside the mass appeal of low-rise jeans and crop tops. These tattoos are said indicate heightened sexuality.
- A stigmatized tattoo location on the lower back, predominately appearing on women. Given the tattoo's location, to many, it has come to express an over-active sex drive. It's placement is highly visible during certain positions, including doggy-style.
- A slang name from a tattoo that appears on the lower back, just above the pant line. Often stylized with tribal markings, butterflies, and flowers, the style was popularized in the mid-1990s, alongside low cut jeans. It quickly fell out of favor, as the general public shamed and teased the tattoo to death.
All of our slang term and phrase definitions are made possible by our wonderful visitors. If you know of another definition of Tramp Stamp that should be included here, please let us know.
How to use the term
Tramp stamps were everywhere in the late 90s. To be honest, I kind of miss them.
Her tramp stamp had a blend of filigree, spirals, and butterflies, showing off her personal style.
I got a great view of his tramp stamp last night.
Making tramp stamps damp, if you know what I mean.
You getting a tramp stamp tattoo doesn't bother me. It would be you regretting it, so make sure you get a nice design.
Video related to Tramp Stamp
Turlington's Lower Back Tattoo Remover - Saturday Night Live | YouTube
- A TV Show that mentions "Tramp Stamp."
A commercial for a fictional product that removes lower back tattoos or "tramp stamps".
The skit indicates people will regret their lower-back tattoos later in life, and thus, should remove them with a spread.
- Check it Out
More slang terms:
Are You For Real
Big Smile On Face
Learn Once, Repeat Everywhere