What does Thug Life mean?A slang phrase popularized in 1990s Southern California by rappers, most prominently Tupac Shakur. Essentially, the phrase indicates a life that has lived through hardships and oppression, but has still succeeded.
Other definitions of Thug Life:
- An American hip-hop group consisting of 2Pac, Stretch, Big Syke, Mopreme, Macadoshis, and The Rated R that produced in the early 1990s.
- An acronym meaning "The Hate U Give Little Infants Fucks Everyone", popularized by hip-hop artist Tupac Shakur. The phrase indicates that children and their upbringing is extremely important, a major theme Shakur would visit throughout his career.
- A pseudo code of ethics instated in Southern California gang culture that was prolific in the 1990s. Their aim was give the streets and gang violence a loose rulebook to follow.
- Acronym that means "the hate u give little infants fucks everyone" — a code offered by the late rapper Tupac that demonstrates the importance of providing systemic help to families and their children.
All of our slang term and phrase definitions are made possible by our wonderful visitors. If you know of another definition of Thug Life that should be included here, please let us know.
How to use the term
We out here living the thug life. Get money, get paid.
You listen to Thug Life: Volume 1 by Thug Life? Slaps.
Remember, THUGLIFE. We got to invest in our children; they're our future.
Embracing thug life means no slinging in schools. That ain't right.
Video related to Thug Life
Thug Life - Cradle To The Grave | 2Pac, YouTube
- A Song that mentions "Thug Life."
A 1994 track from Thug Life, featuring prominent members, like the late Tupac Shakur.
In the song, the Thug Life crew speaks on the everyday, lifelong struggle that being born and raised in the ghetto means. The visual demonstrate the school-to-prison pipeline that is looming for many Black Americans.
- Check it Out
More slang terms:
Body by Fisher Brains by Mattel is OK. But, about time to explain that Fisher designed cars and that all General Motor Cars had "body by Fisher" on it until somewhere in the 1990's. Something nobody outside the states is aware of. 2 bunnies shy of a hutch, a few clowns short of a circus, a tinny short of a sixpack.
Blue Screen of Death
Bed & Breakfast
Humorous/romantic fan fiction