What does Shade mean?Dismissive or acting without respect for someone
Other definitions of Shade:
- Throwing Shade - Casting bad vibes or talking poorly about someone
- Being negative towards someone / something without expressing it directly
- Disapproval that is apparent from one's actions or facial expression
- Making it known that you disagree without saying anything explicitly
- Shady = sassy, antagonistic, untrustworthy, up-to-no-good
All of our slang term and phrase definitions are made possible by our wonderful visitors. If you know of another definition of Shade that should be included here, please let us know.
How to use the term
"I was having a good time at the party until that girl started throwing shade at me."
"I could feel the shade from that guy."
"You a shady bitch!"
There are no references for Shade at this time. We would greatly appreciate your contribution if you would like to submit your own!
More slang terms:
Touch Of Klass
Fuck It All
Fuck the BS
Player versus Player