What does It Is What It Is mean?A slang declarative phrase used to indicate a situation is less than ideal, but since it can not be changed, to carry on anyway.
Other definitions of It Is What It Is:
- A saying that implies helplessness to the current situation, though it can also express satisfaction with the outcome or result.
- Resignation to one's current condition, though it can also be a sign of defeat.
- An excuse phrase that implies nothing can be done to change the outcome of a situation.
All of our slang term and phrase definitions are made possible by our wonderful visitors. If you know of another definition of It Is What It Is that should be included here, please let us know.
How to use the term
It Is What It Is:
Person 1: Looks like we're going to lose again.
Person 2: It is what it is.
Hey man, don't sweat it. It is, what it is.
Eh, fuck it. It is what it is.
Ashes to ashes, dust to dust, it is what it is.
Video related to It Is What It Is
It is what it is Meme (official full video) | Dr Prominent, YouTube
- A Meme that mentions "It Is What It Is."
A viral video in which a teenager, who is laughing, says "It is what it is" in a deep voice. After, his friends repeat the phrase.
The video gained notable popularity after gaining traction as a lipsync meme on TikTok.
- Check it Out
It Is What It Is | TikTok Compilation | TikTok Mail, YouTube
- A Video that mentions "It Is What It Is."
A compilation of "It is what it is" TikToks, which went viral on the platform in mid-2020, a year notable for its economic shutdowns and pandemic.
- Check it Out
More slang terms:
I am here
Save Your Own a**