What does Aesthetic mean?A term that indicates something is pleasing to the eye.
Other definitions of Aesthetic:
- While this term may refer to the philosophy concerned with beauty, a more modern interpretation involves the classification of different senses of styles in different fashions and art, which has grown on the internet via social media.
- The philosophical theory or set of principles governing the idea of beauty at a given time and place.
- Guidelines adopted by influencers to communicate common traits within different subgroups of fashion and art.
All of our slang term and phrase definitions are made possible by our wonderful visitors. If you know of another definition of Aesthetic that should be included here, please let us know.
How to use the term
I like the aesthetics of this piece. Really complements the whole collection.
This jacket rides the line between the Cabincore and Adventurecore aesthetics.
It's pleasing how this is arranged in an aesthetic way.
I'm really big on Instagram within the Goth aesthetic.
Video related to Aesthetic
Aesthetics: Crash Course Philosophy #31, Crash Course, YouTube
- A Miscellaneous that mentions "Aesthetic."
The team at Crash Course on YouTube explains the philosophy of aesthetics.
- Check it Out
List of Aesthetics, Aesthetics Wiki
- A Website that mentions "Aesthetic."
This wiki list catalogs many of the known aesthetics that may be found online via social media. Each link has a brief description and example images.
- Check it Out
More slang terms:
I Am Not A
A slang term for a male erection.
Can't Talk Parent Over Sholder